Paving the way for the total education of the child...
Educare Trust, Nigeria (Reg. No. 10213) is a Non-Governmental Organisation based in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria but with outreaches in several other parts of the country established on October 20, 1994 with a Youth Centre visited by well over hundred youth every week.
To provide all-year-round practical activities that open the mind of the public, especially the youth, to full potential and promote Education, Health, Democracy, Good Governance and Leadership. This is fundamental to Sustainable Youth and Community Development, Poverty Reduction and Impact Assessment of public issues.
Our guiding principles are to strengthen Community and Youth Development programmes, enhance Community and Youth Participation in public issues, increase collaborative efforts with local and international partners, improve our skills skills and grow as one indivisible Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO).
The aims are to:
· Provide a model Inspirational Youth Centre for replication throughout the country by government agencies, community members and corporate bodies.
· Highlight youth leadership in society so that community members can act together to provide better opportunities for the youth.
· Provide a space for schools, tertiary institutions and individuals to groom, exhibit and develop talents
· Arouse the spirit of volunteerism in youth for gainful use of free time, talent development and to fight socio-cultural vices.
· Give Recognition, Reward & Award (RRA) to deserving youth, institutions and community members to serve as inspirational role models.
· Encourage the practical aspects of out-of-classroom education, career choice and moral upbringing.
· Encourage Business Ethics (BE) and Best Business Practice (BBP) through more relevant and meaningful Nigerian Corporate Social Responsibility Projects (CSRP) for youth and community development.